servings: 4 / prep time: 20 minutes / cook time: 25 minutes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 White Russet™ potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups fully cooked chicken sausage, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Peel and shred White Russet™ potatoes. Set aside potatoes.
- Place shredded potato in a kitchen towel, gather ends together and twist over sink. Wring out as much liquid as possible. Heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion to skillet.
- Move sausage and onion to perimeter of pan then spread an even layer of potatoes into the middle. Add dried potatoes to the skillet. Continue cooking for 12-15 minutes, until potatoes brown. Place cheese slices on top of hash.
- In another medium non-stick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add eggs to skillet and cook sunny-side up for 2-3 minutes. Spoon hot butter over the eggs to lightly cook the top. Top hash with eggs, season and serve.